Embrace new thanksgiving flavours. A classic with a twist.
Try the Summer Black Truffle Salt by Kanel for an exquisite taste of luxury. Impress your guests with decadently creamy mashed potatoes for a deceptively simple gourmet feast. This truffle salt has no artificial flavours, you’ll find yourself craving its pungent depth of flavour often.
Roasted garlic & Truffle Mashed Potatoes
- 1 head of garlic
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 pounds of baking potatoes, peeled & cubed
- 1/2 cup of heavy cream
- 3 Tbsp of unsalted butter
- 1-2 Tsp Summer Black Truffle Salt
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Slice off the top of the head of garlic, exposing the individual cloves. Place on a piece of aluminum foil with the exposed sides up, and drizzle with 1-2 tbsp olive oil. Wrap the foil around garlic to completely enclose it, and roast for 30 minutes. Let cool.
- Meanwhile, fill a large pot with salted water and bring to a boil.
- Boil potatoes until tender and drain.
- Squeeze the roasted garlic into the potatoes and mash until fluffy.
- Add in cream, butter and Summer Black Truffle Salt to taste.