Turkish Throw Blanket - Chelsea / Biscuit
This throw has a 100% natural material composition, and offers a unique texture that is structured, soft, luxurious, and durable. The handmade pom-poms and stitched detailing are the perfect finishing accent.
Crafted by independent Turkish artisans, their years of experience with fibres and weaves results in a high-quality piece that will last for many cozy moments to come. They’ve blended soft tones within this Turkish cotton, linen and lyocell blend.
Linen (or Flax) grows easily - requiring fewer chemicals than cotton, & less energy and water in its processing as well. Lyocell has a breathable texture less susceptible to bacteria growth and odour; production on average needs less energy, dye, and water than the production of other fabrics. It truly is an earth-friendly textile.
This is an authentic little luxury with a beautiful, modern look and feel. A special milestone celebration gift, or for any corner in your home, cottage or porch. Relax and unwind.
Size: 152cm x 221cm
Features & Benefits:
- Fairly traded
- Ethically sourced
- Made in Turkey
- 60% pure Turkish cotton
- 20% linen
- 20% lyocell
HOW TO USE
- Soak Your Turkish Towel Before Use - Before using your Turkish towel, we suggest you soak it overnight in cold water and then hang it to dry. This encourages the fibres of the towel fabric to bloom, which initiates their natural softening process and conditions the cotton fabric to be more absorptive. This leaves you with the softest Turkish towel you’ll ever own.
- How to Wash Your Turkish Towel - Either a machine or a hand wash will do. We also recommend you wash your Turkish towel with like colours and in cold water. Do NOT wash in hot water, as hot water will cause shrinkage. And we don’t want that for you! ☺
- For Best Results Use Delicate Cycle - Your Turkish towel can be laundered on a regular machine-wash setting; however, we suggest you add your Turkish towel to a delicate machine-wash for best results. A soft fabric deserves a soft touch!
- Avoid Machine Drying Your Turkish Towel - Hanging your towel to dry is recommended over machine drying. If you needto throw your Turkish towel in the dryer, be sure to adjust the settings to dry on a low heat. But please note there may be some shrinkage after machine drying.
- Be Prepared For a Little Shrinkage - Almost all Poko Turkish Towels are pre-washed, which means if cared for properly the fabric will be soft to the touch, and retain the same hand feel, size, and quality after prolonged washing.
That being said, after the first wash please allow for some shrinkage with select styles of towels. If properly laundered in cold water, the shrinkage of your Turkish towel should be very minimal - within a couple of inches on the length, and almost no shrinkage in the width.
Not to worry, though! Poko Turkish towels are made larger than your typical bath towel. They are generously sized to fully wrap around the body for maximum comfort, even with a little shrinkage after the first use.
- No Need to Iron Your Turkish Towel - Skip the iron! If you so desire, you could naturally decrease wrinkles in the towel fabric with dryer balls.
- Do Not Use Bleach or Fabric Softeners- This one’s pretty self-explanatory. Just don’t do it.
And that’s it! Now you know how to properly care for your new luxury Turkish towels. You’ve also transformed your home into an inspirational source of sustainable living.
This product includes a paper tag that is compostable or recyclable through paper or single-stream recycling.
END OF LIFE
This product is 100% compostable!
Pokoloko products are artisan made, carbon neutral, ethically sourced, and fairly and directly traded. What started as a dream in the back of the founder's car, has grown to over 1000 boutiques across North America in support of over 100 artisan families in South America, Turkey, Morocco, and Indonesia. These artisans can count on sustainable income and healthy work environments thanks to the incredible support of the Pokoloko community. Pokoloko is always striving to do more for their makers, their Poko family, and the world we live in. Every time you buy from Pokoloko, they plant 2 trees in the Pokoloko forest to offset CO2 emissions accumulated in the process of sourcing material, creating their goods and shipping them to you.