At Pretty Clean Shop, we’re passionate about skincare and about finding ways to boost your health and beauty with toxic-free and effective products. We want you to feel good about what you’re putting on your skin and what you’re doing for the environment. This is why we’ve rounded up a product guide on cleansing oils. We want to share all about how they work, how to use them and which ones are our favourites.
Ok, first off, we don’t want to get too technical, but we have to… 😆
Your skin has three layers that shield you from environmental elements and microbes. These layers are:
Within the dermis we find the sebaceous glands which are responsible for secreting an oily substance called sebum, which lubricates the skin.
Oil cleansing works because the oil you use to cleanse with bonds to the oils and dirt on your skin. The oil also acts as a barrier to protect your skin, and keeps it soft and moisturized. Cleansing Oils melt through even the most stubborn waterproof makeup, remove daily grime and pollution leaving your skin fresh, clean and glowing.
Now, here's HOW TO USE THEM:
- Oil cleansers are unique in that they’re typically applied to dry skin instead of a damp face.
- Begin massaging your cleansing oil into your face.
- The oil will adhere to any dirt and remove sunscreen, makeup, and other impurities.
- Rub the oil into your skin in circular motions until your makeup is dissolved and can be easily wiped away with a warm wet washcloth.
- There’s no need to use a makeup remover or wash your face before the massage.
- After oil cleansing, you can use a water based cleanser if you do double cleansing. But it isn’t necessary.
- Once you’re skin is clean, follow up with your favourite toner, serum and moisturizer.
Check out this video with a grphic explanation of all this:
Now we share some of our favourites:
Wildcraft Oil cleanser with Jojoba and marshmallow root infused sunflower oil work to reduce irritation and calm inflammation. Tea tree and frankincense oils also aid in gently unclogging pores and clearing impurities
Living Libations Best Skin Ever in all its varieties are used as a clarifying cleanser and gentle exfoliator as well as an opulent face and body moisturizer.
Sahajan Cleansing Oil has a blend of Moringa, Squalane, and Rose oils that melt through even the most stubborn waterproof makeup, remove daily grime and pollution leaving your skin fresh, clean and glowing.
Feel good about what you’re putting on your skin and what you’re doing for the environment. All of these cleansers contain natural ingredients sure to give your skin just what it needs and nothing more.