Gua Sha is a facial tool from traditional Chinese Medicine. By pulling this contoured shape across your face, it is believed that it helps breathe new life into your skin, awakening your skin's natural glow. They are made from Pink Quartz which is a prismatic crystal of silicon and oxygen compressed by geologic forces into hardened, sparkling light. Throughout history, the innate enchanting, reflective colors of quartz stones have attracted healers and humans because quartz naturally amplifies energy and seems to transpose its own light onto the human receiver. Every tool will vary in color because each was made by nature.
Find yourself some 'me' time and give yourself a nice face massage with a gua sha in combination with your favourite facial serum or oil, to help distribute the product more evenly and maximize absorption. Perfect for those with sensitive skin, as Gua Sha helps to provide the benefits of a massage without hand-face contact or the use of many products. This will help: stimulate the lymphatic system and blood flow to the face help tone and tighten the face to reduce fine lines help alleviate muscular tension in the face and any stress in the forehead.
How to use:
Note: you should only apply a gentle pressure when using the Gua Sha tool in order to avoid any facial bruising.
1. Apply a few drops of your favourite serum or oil.
2. Neck: Scrape the neck into vertical sections from the base of the neck to the jawline for about 4-5 strokes in each section.
3. Chin and Jawline: Slide the Gua Sha from the middle of the chin up along the jawline to the earlobe on each side of the face for 4-5 strokes.
4. Lips: Sweep the tool all around and over the lips for about 4-5 strokes. Under Eye: Be gentle in this area of the face and start at the bridge of the nose in the inner corner of the eye, and glide the Gua Sha under the eye across the cheekbone for 4-5 strokes; repeat on the other side.
5. Brow: Pass the tool on either side starting from the inside and working outward along the browline. Forehead: Scrape the forehead into horizontal sections from the center of the forehead outward to the hairline on either side for 4-5 strokes.
We recommend your Gua Sha be used once daily for about 5-7 minutes for an overall brighter complexion and firm, glowing skin.