Role: Sustainable Living Shop Retail Associate
Location: 3010 Dundas St. West, Toronto, Ontario, M6P 1Z3
Type: Part-time job available, candidate must be available from 10am - 6pm, including weekends.
About the Position:
We’re searching for friendly, hard working individuals who are passionate about sustainability, with a genuinely warm and naturally driven personality. Your enthusiasm brings a level of excitement to our store that makes shopping fun and keeps customers coming back. The ideal candidate will be above all, efficient and flexible, working in a beautifully curated setting, part of the team that makes our shop an engaging Junction community space and unique retail experience.
As a Retail Associate, the candidate will work on a part-time basis, 15+ hours per week, with the potential to increase hours to up to 32 hours per week (4 days/week). Shifts are morning, day and early evening, with at least one weekend shift per week. This is an opportunity to work at a unique start-up, while having an impact on the low-waste shopping experience in Toronto.
About the Business:
Pretty Clean Shop was conceived as a destination for all things pertaining to sustainable living. Offering a broad selection of safe and high-quality products, thorough industry knowledge, and excellent customer service we strive to become a personal favourite physical and virtual space that people enjoy and trust.
Founded by Miriam Juarez in January 2019, Pretty Clean Shop soft opened its doors in May 2019 in Toronto's west end neighbourhood The Junction, as the source for shopping a sustainable living collection with the best in unpackaged, refillable, zero-waste, local and non-toxic cleaning, personal care, wellness and home products.
● To welcome customers, while providing timely and efficient customer service. This includes speaking with them to help them learn about our products and provide details on sourcing, ingredients, social and environmental impact, brand philosophy, how to use, how to pair with other products, etc.
● Represent Pretty Clean Shop and our core values through all forms of communication.
● Open and close the store in accordance with store protocols.
● Ring up sales, returns, and exchanges in our POS system, in cash and credit/debit cards.
● Monitor product quantity and refill products on the floor.
● Stock shelves, maintain displays and overall store appearance.
● Assist with inventory management, this includes managing store inventory levels, adjusting
inventory as needed, and log inventory changes.
● Receiving and inputting deliveries, and entering new products into the website.
● Contribute to social media and marketing content creation.
● Assist with Shopify updates and administrative tasks.
● Addressing customer concerns and inquiries both in-person and through phone and website communications.
● Perform necessary housekeeping duties (cleaning, organizing and maintaining excellent store condition).
● Sanitize bottles and other containers, etc. Keep a clean, sanitized and organized work environment.
Qualifications, Skills and Expertise:
● Ability to work 8-hour shifts on the floor (must-have).
● Ability to work a flexible schedule including mornings, evenings, weekends (must-have).
● Legally entitled to work in Canada (must-have).
● Experience working in a customer service role, ideally with some experience in a supervisory role.
● Passionate about sustainability and healthy living. Interested in keeping up with industry trends.
● Highly efficient, reliable, strong time management and interpersonal skills.
● Technically astute with Shopify and various social media channels, or with willingness to learn.
● Able to deal calmly with hectic situations when the store is busy with customers.
● Problem solver, detail-oriented and organized.
● Self-starter and a team player.
● May need to carry boxes up to 35 lbs
● Knowledge of G-Suite is an asset (including Sheets, Gmail, Drive, Docs, etc.).
● Opportunities for first-hand entrepreneurial experience and growth
● In-store discounts
How to Apply:
Please email your resume and cover letter in one PDF document to email@example.com
We will be in touch with successful candidates to move forward with the next phase of hiring.
Thank you for your interest in joining our team!